Everyday Sachiko Home Cooking – Sukiyaki
Yukiyaki is perfect meal to cook when family and friends get together. It’s no time to prepare and easiest thing to serve for group of gathering. All you have to do is chop chop and chop and you just wait everything to cook (^_^)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Saki
- 2 long onions, cut diagonally
- 1 bunch Kikuna, cut 2″ long ( I used Mizuna instead of Kikuna )
- 1 package tofu, cut 1″ width ( I use Yaki-Tofu )
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- 1 package itokonnyaku=shirataki noodles
- Heat a pan at medium high and add oil.
- Sear beef slices in the pan, and add sugar, soy sauce, and Sake when the color of meat has started turning.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook about 10-15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings if you like by adding more soy sauce and/or sugar.
In Japan, we dip cooked Sukiyaki beef and vegetable in raw eggs. While it can be risky to eat raw eggs in the US, we don’t usually have problems with salmonella in eggs in Japan.